2020 ARCUS Annual Meeting
The ARCUS Annual Meeting is an important opportunity for ARCUS' Members, Board of Directors, staff, and participants from the broader Arctic research community to connect with one another.
The 2020 meeting was open to all interested participants and there was no cost to attend.
- Bring members of the ARCUS research community together to meet, talk, and connect
- Hear a diversity of ideas to inform ARCUS activities
- Discover who may be interested in working together after the meeting
- A brief meeting report that will be shared widely (see file below)
- Work together after the meeting
- ARCUS Board and staff will use input to inform the implementation of ARCUS strategic goals
A brief report of the 2020 ARCUS Annual Meeting is now available for download.
Citation: Myers, B., Wiggins, H., Sheffield Guy, L. (eds). 2020 ARCUS Annual Meeting Report. Arctic Research Consortium of the US (ARCUS), Fairbanks, Alaska. 2020
- The meeting agenda can be viewed online here. Registered participants will receive any final agenda updates.
Below are a few additional resources to help you get more familiar with ARCUS!
Meeting "Dress Code" & Code of Conduct
With the meeting being near Halloween, costumes and funny hats were welcome to help make the Annual Meeting a fun, creative, and collaborative experience! We also invited everyone to review the ARCUS Annual Meeting Code of Conduct to help ensure a positive experience for all participants.
For additional information or questions about the meeting, please contact Brit Myers at brit [at] arcus.org.
University of Alaska Fairbanks
- University of Alaska Fairbanks (PPTX - 18.27 MB)
- University of Alaska Fairbanks Update (PDF - 1.02 MB)
University of Alaska Anchorage
Sandia National Laboratories
- Sandia National Laboratories Update (231.22 KB)
- Sandia Arctic Initiative Report 2019 (PDF - 6.46 MB)
- Sandia Arctic Coastal Erosion Model 2020 (PDF - 1.09 MB)
- Sandia Arctic Infrastructure Simulation Analysis Center 2018 (PDF - 2.47 MB)
- Future Arctic Research Center 2018 (PDF - 870.6 KB)
- Arctic Peace Engineering Workshop (PDF - 4.12 MB)
- Sandia Projects for Arctic Security and Infrastructure Resilience (PDF - 253.02 KB)
UiT: The Arctic University of Norway
Arizona State University
University of Washington
Texas A&M University
University of Virginia
Norwegian Polar Institute
The George Washington University
- The George Washington University Update (PPTX - 8.26 MB)
- The George Washington University Update (PDF - 6.52 MB)
Arctic Studies Center, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution
- Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center Update (PDF - 681 KB)
- IARPC presentation with Aron Crowell (Link to YouTube Video)
- Smithsonian Arctic Studies Center Alaska YouTube Channel (Link to YouTube Playlist)
The Fletcher School and Pan-Arctic Options
- The Fletcher School & Pan-Arctic Options Update (PPTX - 3.11 MB)
- The Fletcher School and Pan-Arctic Options Update (PDF - 3.29 MB)
Arctic Centre, University of Lapland
- Arctic Centre University of Lapland Update (PPTX - 2.74 MB)
- Arctic Centre University of Lapland Update (PDF - 705 KB)