ARCUS at Week of the Arctic 2017
ARCUS staff and board members participated in and/or attended many of the events, assembly discussions, and workshops that convened during the Week of the Arctic, including:
- Arctic Seas in a Time of Change: Status, Trends and Implications Within and Beyond the Arctic, 6:00-8:00 p.m. on Monday, 8 May (ARCUS Board Member, Adrian Gall, was a featured panelist and several ARCUS staff attended this public event.)
- International Arctic Assembly, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, 9 May.
- Arctic Council Showcase, 8:00-11:45 a.m. on Wednesday, 10 May.
- Community-Based Monitoring Experience Exchange Workshop, 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 May.
- Arctic Highlights Forum, 1:30-5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 May.
- Engaging Community-Based Monitoring in Decision-Making and Assessment: A dialog and Reception, 3:30-7:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 May.
- Fairbanks Community Celebration of the Arctic – Downtown Fairbanks, 4:30-8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, 10 May.
- Arctic 2030: Projecting Challenges Facing Arctic Maritime Operators – Workshop, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, 11 May.
- Arctic Mayors' Roundtable, 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, 11 May.
- What is the Arctic We Need to Sustain the Global Climate System? – Workshop, 9:00 am to noon on Thursday, 11 May.
ARCUS Information Table
Day: Tuesday, 8 May and Wednesday, 9 May 2017
Time: 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. both days
Location: University of Alaska Fairbanks, the Great Hall at Davis Concert Hall
ARCUS staff welcomed visitors at an information display table that ARCUS and PolarTREC banners, ARCUS posters, a presentation laptop and speakers to display an informational video, membership forms, ARCUS program flyers, and ARCUS stickers and business cards.
Thank you to those who visited with us - we had about 30 people stop by!