European Polar Science Week
Event Type: Webinars and Virtual Events
When: 26 October 2020 to 30 October 2020
The European Commission (Directorate General for Research and Innovation) and the European Space Agency are working together to improve cooperation and to identify the grand science challenges in Polar research that may drive joint EC-ESA scientific activities in the coming years. The European Polar Science Week is one of the first results of this increased cooperation between the two organisations.
The event will take place online and will comprise different type of sessions promoting different levels of interaction with the community:
- Plenary sessions with invited keynote speakers, including a final round table discussion focused around key topics of societal general interest;
- Virtual Poster and virtual exhibition area. Using an IT tool allowing e-posters and other electronic material submitted by the community to be explored, presented and discussed, with open interaction among participants and the authors.
- A set of parallel discussion sessions or side events proposed by the science community focusing on different topics and including presentations from keynote speakers.
The event is open to Polar researchers and students, modellers, Earth system and climate scientists, industry, policy makers, representatives of local communities and other stakeholders interested in sharing their knowledge and experience and contributing to drive the European polar scientific agenda.
The event will be virtual with all presentations and discussions done remotely.
Registered participants will have full access to all session contents, interactions and networking. As a registered participant, you will be able to:
- Attend all the sessions
- Participate in the Q&A and polls
- Participate in the discussion sessions
- View the e-Posters and discuss live with the authors
- Network with the speakers and with other registered participants using an AI-powered networking tool.
The deadline for registration is 20 October 2020.
No participation fees will be charged.