ONLINE: International Atmospheric Rivers Conference
Event Type: Webinars and Virtual Events
When: 5 October 2020 to 9 October 2020
Due to the ongoing Pandemic an in-person conference as planned for Santiago (Chile) is impossible this year but in order to keep our AR community vibrant and united we decided to conduct a virtual Symposium in the original dates (October 2020). The structure of the event will be decided once we see the number of abstracts but we anticipate a 3-4 day event with half day sessions including invited talks, regular presentations, poster sessions and working groups. We hope that an in-person 3IARC will be held in Santiago in 2021.
Depending on abstracts received, we will consider the following types of activities: keynote talks; oral sessions; poster sessions; panel discussions; breakout group discussions; and others. Information will be forthcoming on meeting format; this will likely be 3-4 days for 3-4 hours each day.
There will be no cost for registration for this virtual event.
IARC Specific Objectives:
- Create and sustain a growing community
- Advance the state of the science
- Connect different disciplines and stakeholders
- Link scientists to practitioners, users and decision makers
- Cement worldwide, cross-disciplinary collaboration
- Train the next generation of scientists