Abstract Deadline: Arctic Frontiers Science 2021
Event Type: Deadlines
When: 8 September 2020
Arctic Frontiers Science 2021 will take place on 1-2 February 2021 in Tromsø, Norway.
Arctic Frontiers Science conference is traditionally international and multidisciplinary, bringing together social sciences, humanities, physical and life sciences. The Arctic Frontiers Science is focusing on both fundamental and solution-oriented research with strong impact, which addresses growing societal challenges and needs in the Arctic region. Arctic Frontiers Science is developed with the guidance of the Strategic Science Committee of Arctic Frontiers.
It is a special time now and we send warm thoughts to all our friends around the world. We are optimistic and hope that in the first week of February 2021 we can once again gather in Tromsø for good discussions for a sustainable development in the Arctic. Arctic Frontiers secretariat will closely monitor the situation with Covid-19 and develop an optimal technical solution and format for the conference. As of now, it will likely combine elements of a traditional in-person and digital conferences, with a possibility to participate online. Please stay tuned for more updates.
We will organise six science sessions originally proposed by Arctic Frontiers partner institutions:
- Session 1. Arctic health and social inequalities in health
- Session 2. Who gets to tell the Arctic stories
- Session 3. Valuing the digital ocean
- Session 4. Small and medium sized enterprises’ (SME) strategies for social sustainability in the High-North
- Session 5. The coupled Arctic system: Improved understanding from recent international campaigns
- Session 6. Advanced prediction capabilities for the Arctic and beyond
- 8 September 2020: Abstract submission deadline
- 25 September 2020: Abstract acceptance notification
- 5 October 2020: Tentative program is available online