POSTPONED (NEW DATES TBD): Arctic Days in St. Petersburg 2020
International Scientific Cooperation in the Arctic in the Era on Climate Change
When: 13 May 2020 to 14 May 2020
Where: The Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St. Petersburg, Russia
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, we regret to inform you that the Arctic Days in St. Petersburg–2020: International Scientific Cooperation in the Arctic in the Era on Climate Change planned for May 13–14, 2020 have been postponed due to the rapidly changing situation around COVID-19 pandemic.
The health and safety of our speakers, guests, and staff is our top priority. The Russian State Hydrometeorological University closely monitors the developments with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and will continue to follow guidelines recommended by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation, World Health Organization, and international scientific associations, etc.
We apologize for the inconvenience and hope that postponing Arctic Days will provide all participants with an opportunity to enjoy the meeting in a safe and productive environment.
The Organizing Committee would like to express thanks to all who registered and sent abstracts. We very much hope that you will be able to join us once the Arctic Days in St. Petersburg are rescheduled, and will update you as to the status of event as the situation develops.
Please stay safe and tuned for more details coming soon!
The Organizing Committee
The Russian State Hydrometeorological University is pleased to invite you to join the Arctic Days in St. Petersburg–2020: “International Scientific Cooperation in the Arctic in the Era on Climate Change” held in St. Petersburg on May 13–14, 2020.
The Conference will bring together social and natural scientists, industry professionals, policy makers, Indigenous leaders, and other stakeholders from across the Arctic. In response to ongoing climate change, the organizing committee invites you to participate in the formation of an international interdisciplinary platform for discussing pressing issues of socio-cultural, economic development and international cooperation in the Arctic. Learning from the past and planning for the future, we are welcoming the Arctic Days participants to discuss the themes that include, but are not limited to:
- International cooperation in the Arctic
- Climate change and environmental scenarios for the Arctic
- Science and diplomacy in the Arctic
- Paleoenvironmental archaeology and Arctic evolution
- The future of the Arctic economy
- The prospects for the Arctic shipping
- Human and social capital development
- The changing role of Indigenous Peoples in the Arctic
- Gender studies in the Arctic
Working languages: Russian, English.
Free Registration: Registration is now open and there are no conference fees.
Registration and abstract submission deadline are March 5, 2020.
Visa support: If you need a visa, we encourage you to register as soon as possible.
Contact email: arctic.days.st.petersburg [at] gmail.com
Participants who wish to present a paper (oral or poster) at the conference will be required to submit an abstract information:
- Presenting author first and last name, e-mail address, organization, and country.
- If applicable, co-author(s) first and last name, e-mail address, organization, and country.
- Title of your presentation or poster.
- Abstract (length limit approximately 250 words/1600 characters, including spaces). This text is used by the Program Committee to assess the potential of the presentation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you soon and hopefully seeing you in St. Petersburg!