SCAR COMNAP 2020
Antarctic Science – Global Connections
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 31 July 2020 to 11 August 2020
Where: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
The Australian Antarctic Division, the State Government of Tasmania, and the Australian Academy of Science welcomes SCAR and COMNAP participants and Delegates to SCAR COMNAP 2020.
SCAR COMNAP 2020 will include a full program of meetings, symposia, side events and social events including the COMNAP Symposium, public SCAR lecture, and exhibition and poster sessions all structured to encourage SCAR and COMNAP attendee participation. It promises to be a world class event, capitalising on Hobart’s unique status as the gateway to East Antarctica and the home of Australia’s premier Antarctic institutions.
The SCAR Open Science Conference theme “Antarctic Science – Global Connections” recognises the significance of the scientific connections between Antarctica and the global system. It also reflects the strongly connected Antarctic science community and, in the spirit of the Antarctic Treaty system, the importance of collaboration in Antarctic science.
- 31 October 2019: Abstract submission opens for the SCAR Open Science Conference (OSC)
- 1 January 2020: OSC Early Bird Registration opens
- 28 February 2020: OSC Abstract submission closes
- 1 March 2020: COMNAP AGM Registration opens
- 16 April 2020: OSC General Registration
- 1 July 2020: OSC Late Registration
- 10 July 2020: COMNAP AGM Registration closes Onsite Registration for OSC will be available