ONLINE ONLY: 6th ABoVE Science Team Meeting
Event Type: Webinars and Virtual Events
When: 11 May 2020 to 13 May 2020
Where: University of Alaska - Murie Building, Fairbanks, Alaska
The 6th ABoVE Science Team Meeting will be held virtually 11-13 May 2020. The Organizing Committee has been discussing a revised focused agenda that can be conducted using online collaboration tools that will allow the entire team to participate. Plan to meet virtually each day starting at 1300 EDT in two 90 minute sessions separated by a one hour break.
During these sessions over three days we will discuss results from projects, hear about progress from the Working Groups, discuss ongoing and future field work and synthesis activities, as well as other business at hand.
We will provide guidance on the specific collaboration platform for the posters by early next week. Posters will need to be uploaded by 1 May so that they can be viewed prior to the meeting.
For the time being please:
- Decide who should represent each project
- Plan to have at least one poster for each project
- Students and postdocs are encouraged to submit posters
- Cancel any hotel and flight reservations you may have made
Note that the Research to Operations: Fire & Resource Management Workshop will be postponed to a future date. We look forward to meeting with that community in person in Fairbanks, Alaska, sometime in 2021.
Who should attend?
- 1-2 Science Team Members Per Project
- ABoVE Management
- Alaska Fire Science Consortium
- Registration for both meetings is open to ABoVE science team members, participants in the AFSC fire management workshop, and invited stakeholders.
- Field trip registration deadline: April 20th
- Poster submission deadline: April 20th
- Hotel Deadline for discounted rate: April 25th