Abstract Deadline: Quaternary Research Association Annual Discussion Meeting
Quaternary Earth System Processes and Feedbacks: Challenges for Society
Event Type: Deadlines
When: 31 October 2019
The 2020 Quaternary Research Association (QRA) Annual Discussion Meeting will be held in Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom from 8-10 January with the theme ‘Quaternary Earth System processes and feedbacks: challenges for society’.
Quaternary climate feedbacks, tipping points and shifts in system states are important areas of current research (as highlighted by the IPCC, and with UKRI developing funding calls on these themes) as they provide relevant case studies for understanding our currently evolving climate and projecting it into the future. The conference is broad in scope, capturing the range of interests of the members of the QRA, particularly welcoming abstract submissions in the areas of:
- Ice, oceans and sea level (Keynote: Natalya Gomez, McGill University, Canada)
- Ecosystems (Keynote: Angela Gallego-Sala, University of Exeter)
- Quaternary carbon cycling (Keynote: James Rae, University of St Andrews)
- State shifts and abrupt changes (Keynote: Camille Li, University of Bergen, Norway)
- Recent advances in Quaternary Geochronology (Keynote: Kirsty Penkman, University of York)
- Implications of Quaternary Science for Earth’s Future (Keynote: Paul Valdes, University of Bristol)
Abstract submission is now open, and closes on 31st October.
Registration closes 29th November.