The 13th International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Science (ISAES 2019) will be held at the Songdo Convensia in Incheon, Republic of Korea. The symposium aims to bring together Antarctic earth scientists from different areas in order to gather and highlight their outstanding expertise and ideas.
The first Antarctic Geology Symposium was held jointly with IUGS (the International Union of Geological Sciences) in September 1963 and initially was held at irregular intervals, interspersed with conferences on Antarctic Quaternary Studies and marine geology. Since 1987, the International Symposium on Antarctic Earth Sciences (ISAES) has been held regularly every four years and alternates with SCAR's Biology Symposium.
Major themes of the symposium include:
- Continental evolution of Antarctica
- Antarctic solid earth structure and interactions with the cryosphere
- Past and present permafrost changes in Antarctica
- Glacial history of Antarctica and the Southern Ocean
- Antarctic surface processes and landscape
- Changes in the Southern Ocean
- Climate change in the 21st century
- Antarctica and the evolution of life
- Remote sensing and satellite imagery
- General Antarctic earth sciences
Abstracts and side meeting application submission is now available. Abstract deadline: 21 April, 2019, 23:59 KST. Application for side meeting deadline: 30 April, 2019, 23:59 KST.
Please follow the link above for more information.