The Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S. (ARCUS) announces a call for nominations for our 2018 Board of Directors election. There are a possible four seats up for election in a vote by the ARCUS membership expected to take place in December 2018.
We seek nominations of candidates with enthusiasm and time to dedicate to ARCUS, who are willing and able to help ARCUS fulfill its vision and mission and achieve its strategic goals. We particularly invite nominations of individuals with experience in and connections to industry, foundations, or Arctic Indigenous groups.
The primary job responsibilities of the Board are to:
- Hold fiduciary responsibility for the corporation;
- Create and serve on committees of the Board;
- Actively work to develop broader program, membership, and funding support for ARCUS activities;
- Promote the interests of its member institutions and the larger Arctic research community by taking positions on and promulgating position statements about important issues related to Arctic science;
- Identify opportunities for new initiatives and collaborations in the Arctic community in research, dissemination, and education;
- Advocate for funding to support community initiatives;
- Assist the research community in liaison with indigenous communities in the North; and
- Promote, articulate, and advocate a vision of Arctic research and its contribution to society.
Nominations should include the person's name, affiliation, contact information, area of expertise, short (two-page) curriculum vitae, and a brief statement on why the person would be an asset to the ARCUS Board of Directors. We request that prior to submitting a nomination, you first obtain the consent of the nominee. Self-nominations are welcome.
For questions or to submit a nomination, please contact:
Audrey Taylor, President of the Board
Email: artaylor [at] alaska.edu