Registration Deadline: Fifth Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists
When: 28 January 2018
The Fifth Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists, a geocryological conference and summer school hosted by the Melnikov Permafrost Institute, will be held 4 - 23 June 2018 in Yakutsk, Russia. Young researchers – including undergraduates, graduate students, and postdoctoral fellows – are invited to attend.
The Forum for Young Permafrost Scientists will include:
- The Geocryological Conference held from 4 to 8 June 2018
- The Geocryological Field Workshop from 9 to 23 June 2018
The Geocryological Conference themes include:
- Regional and historical geocryology
- Permafrost geothermics and thermal physics
- Periglacial processes and forms
- Landscape dynamics in permafrost regions
- Permafrost geochemistry
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Climate change and permafrost evolution
- Greenhouse gases and gas hydrates
- Permafrost microbiology
- Remote sensing of permafrost
- Stability of engineering structures on permafrost
The summer school, in the form of a Geocryological Field Workshop will take place in the vicinity of Yakutsk and Amga (204 km south-east of Yakutsk). It will focus on permafrost degradation effects on agriculture and rural infrastructure in central Yakutia.
Organizers invite those interested in attending the conference and/or field school to pre-register before 28 January 2018.
For questions, please contact:
ankaurban [at] mail.ru