The International Polar Foundation and its partners would like to cordially invite you to take part in the 8th annual Arctic Futures Symposium - Brussels' largest annual conference focusing on Arctic issues.
The 2017 edition of the Arctic Futures Symposium will take place on November 20th, 2017 at the Residence Palace in the EU Quarter of Brussels. The event will start at 9:00 am and finish at about 7:00 pm.
The theme of this year’s symposium will be "Smart and Sustainable Investment in the Arctic's Future". Speakers will discuss topics including:
- Investment in Arctic research and research cooperation
- Steps being taken towards creating more sustainable Arctic development (and where gaps still remain)
- Investment in education and economic opportunities for Arctic residents
- Opportunities in the Arctic's bioeconomy sector
The symposium will open with a number of keynote presentations from distinguished guests such as Former Greenland Premier Kuupik Kleist, and will feature a roundtable discussion with representatives from the foreign ministries of Arctic Council nations and the European External Action Service about Arctic Council engagement with the EU and how to foster sustainable development in the Arctic.
You can register for the symposium via the Arctic Futures Symposium website. You can also have a look at the confirmed speakers and draft outline of the programme (a more detailed programme will be available on the programme page in the next two weeks).
Please don't hesitate to contact us at events [at] polarfoundation.org should you have any questions about the event.
You are more than welcome to forward this invitation to those in your network of professional contacts who may be interested in Arctic affairs.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Arctic Futures Symposium in November.
Arctic Futures Synposium 2017 Steering Committee:
- The International Polar Foundation
- The Permanent Representation of Finland to the European Union
- The North Norway European Office
- The North Sweden European Office
- The East and North Finland EU Office
- The North Denmark EU Office
- The Greenland Representation to the European Union
- The Mission of the Faroe Islands to the European Union
- Arctic Consensus
- The Mission of Canada to the European Union
- The Québec Government Office in Brussels
- The Mission of Iceland to the European Union
- The Embassy of the United States of America to the Kingdom of Denmark