Earth's Cryosphere: Past, Present, and Future
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 4 June 2017 to 8 June 2017
Where: Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, Russia
The conference called Earth's Cryosphere: Past, Present, and Future will be held in the Institute of Physico-Chemical and Biological Problems of Soil Science in Pushchino, Moscow Oblast, Russia.
The sections will cover the topics in the field of permafrost research:
- Regional aspects in polar and mountain areas
- Carbon in permafrost
- Cryosphere as ecosystem: microbiological, biotechnological and astrobiological aspects
- Permafrost soils
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Physico-chemical peculiarities of frozen ground
- Geophysical investigations in permafrost areas
- Antarctic permafrost and soils
- Philosophical ideas about past, present and future of cryosphere
The organisers note that it is still not late to suggest new session topics, round tables or became a partner of the conference.
The conference will be in Russian and English, simultaneous translation will be provided.
The registration is open until 15 April 2017.