23rd International Symposium on Polar Science (ISPS)
Life at the Extremes: Resilience, Adaptation and Application Potential
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 17 May 2017 to 18 May 2017
Where: Korea Polar Research Institute, Incheon, Republic of Korea
The International Symposium on Polar Sciences has been held annually ever since the conception of Korea’s Antarctic research schemes. This Symposium not only serves as an international forum bringing polar scientists together to exchange views and ideas, but also provides an opportunity to discuss collaborative research with peers and colleagues. Marking the 23rd series of this symposium, this year’s theme is “Life at the Extremes: Resilience, Adaptation and Application Potential”.
The following six sessions are proposed:
- Genomic and physiological studies of microorganisms living in extreme environments
- Adaptation of photosynthetic organisms to freezing environments
- Genomic and physiological adaptation in polar animals
- Evolution: From fossils to genomics
- Marine food web: Prey-predator
- Cold-adapted proteins and metabolites: from molecular cloning to biotechnology
Please submit your abstract at the symposium website no later than March 17, 2017.
Please register at the symposium website no later than April 17, 2017.