International Workshop to Reconcile Northern Permafrost Region Methane Budgets
Workshop participation is by invitation only.
The International Workshop to Reconcile Northern Permafrost Region Methane Budgets will take place 7-9 March 2017 in Seattle, WA. The workshop will bring together three research groups focused on methane from terrestrial sources (primarily wetlands and lakes), coastal sources, and inferences of fluxes based on atmospheric methane concentrations.
(1) Communicate the state of the science among the three methane synthesis groups;
(2) Communicate the synthesis plans of each group and progress made to date;
(3) Identify potential connections to sea ice and land ice (facilitated with SEARCH ATs);
(4) Refine synthesis plans based on workshop discussions; and
(5) Identify a plan for developing an overall synthesis of methane budgets in the region.