Conversations from the North: Scholars of many disciplines and inhabitants of many places in dialogue with one another, with animals and plants, and with the land
The conference is being held in association with the 11th Rectors’ Forum of the University of the Arctic, and will take place in Aberdeen, United Kingdom from August 27th to 29th 2017.
The goal of the conference is to celebrate the University’s emergence as a world-leading centre for interdisciplinary research on the circumpolar North.
The conference will be fully interdisciplinary, with themes including:
- The Anthropocene in the Arctic
- Movements and encounters of northern peoples in the long term
- Health, demography and culture change in the North
- Land, sovereignty and indigenous rights
- Political regimes and international relations in the circumpolar North
A call for abstracts, for both oral and poster presentations, is now open, with a submission deadline of February 14th 2017.
Full instructions for submission, along with details of the conference theme, programme and registration, are available at the link above.