Abstract Deadline: 21st Northern Research Basins Symposium and Workshop
Cold-region hydrology in non-stationary world
When: 15 March 2017
Organizers announce a call for abstracts for the 21st Northern Research Basins (NRB) Symposium and Workshop entitled, "Cold-region hydrology in non-stationary world." This symposium and workshop will convene 6-12 August 2017 in Yakutsk, Russia.
Climate and landscape changes are causing the transformation of hydrological cycle in Arctic regions, with major impacts on society. The
21st NRB workshop will address the issues of hydrological research in cold regions, both in fundamental scientific and applied aspects,
including the studies of snow, glaciers, permafrost, frozen ground, groundwater, seasonally frozen rivers, and lakes.
The workshop program will include scientific sessions, a field trip to research sites, local excursions, and a Lena River cruise.
Abstracts from the following research topics are encouraged:
- Observational evidences of change in coupled permafrost-hydrology system
- Present state and future projections of local, regional, and pan-Arctic hydrology
- Modelling studies representing landscape evolution, dynamics of water storages, and permafrost degradation
- Impacts of permafrost hydrology changes on local communities
- Abstracts regarding hydrology, water resources, and water engineering in snow-dominated and permafrost regions
Partial financial support may be granted to students and young scientists on the competitive basis.
To apply for travel support, send a motivation letter and explanation of travel expenses along with the abstract when registering.
Abstract submission deadline extended: 15 March 2017.
Travel support application deadline extended: 28 February 2017.
For abstract submission template, important dates, and to register, follow the link above.