Application Deadline: 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost
When: 31 January 2017
The 2nd Asian Conference on Permafrost (ACOP2017) will take place on 2-6 July, in Sapporo, Japan. The conference is hosted by the International Permafrost Association (IPA) and covers all aspects of frozen ground – both permafrost and seasonal frost – and its related natural and technological topics. The proposed sessions are as listed below:
- Periglacial Geomorphology
- Ground ice dynamics
- Mountain permafrost and geohazards
- Permafrost eco-hydrology
- Permafrost mapping and techniques
- Climate change and the carbon balance in permafrost
- Frozen ground physics
- Frozen ground engineering
- Asian frozen ground
- Extrazonal permafrost and seasonal frost
- Living and working on frozen ground: cultural and historical significance of permafrost
- Outreach/education, history
Also we will offer options of pre- and post-conference field excursions as follows (dependent on the numbers of participants).
- Daisetsu Mountains, Japan
- Artificially frozen ground sites, Tokyo and Fukushima-daiichi nuclear power plant
- Kamchatka Peninsula
- Northeast China
- Mt Fuji, Japan
For more details, please visit our website.
Registration and abstract submission are already open until the 31 January, 2017.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact by email: acop2017 [at] arc.hokudai.ac.jp
We look forward to see you in Sapporo in summer 2017!