Pushchino Permafrost Conference
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 4 June 2017 to 8 June 2017
Where: Pushchino near Moscow, Russia
The institute of physico-chemical and biological problems in soil science are glad to announce that traditional permafrost conference will be organised June 4-8. The motto for 2017 conference is "Earth's Cryosphere: Past, Present and Future".
We are glad to meet with you in Pushchino near Moscow, Russia. The conference fee is 7000₽ (~100$) and 2000₽ (~30$) for students; it covers participant’s set, coffee and lunch during the working days and permafrost dinner at one of the evenings (with dancing for sure). You can find hotel for you at booking.com, or ask our advice.
We will speak Russian and English, simultaneous translation will be provided. Abstracts (not longer than 4000 characters with spaces) will be published and available on the conference website as well.
The topics will cover broad range of cryospheric questions:
- Regional aspects in polar and mountain areas
- Carbon in permafrost
- Cryosphere as ecosystem: microbiological, biotechnological and astrobiological aspects
- Permafrost soils
- Permafrost hydrology and hydrogeology
- Physico-chemical peculiarities of frozen ground
- Geophisycal investigations in permafrost areas
- Antarctic permafrost and soils
- Philosophical ideas about past, present and future of cryosphere
We plan to discuss actual permafrost questions at several roundtables.
All information will be published soon at the website above, and you can contact us at Cryoconference at gmail.com.