Managing Risks to Coastal Regions and Communities in a Changing World
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 22 August 2016 to 27 August 2016
Where: Russian State Hydrometeorological University, St. Petersburg, Russia
On behalf of the International Center for Environmental Management of Enclosed Coastal Seas (International EMECS Center) and "Sea Coasts" Working Group of the RAS Council on World Ocean, the Organizing Committee of the Russian State Hydrometeorological University (RSHU), P.P.Shirshov Institute of Oceanology of the Russian Academy of Sciences (IO RAS) and A.P.Karpinsky Russian Geological Research Institute (VSEGEI) would like to welcome you and your colleagues to EMECS 11 - SeaCoastsXXVI Joint Conference "Managing Risks to Coastal Regions and Communities in a Changing World".
Main topics of the Conference:
- Coastal systems and their dynamics (from coast to water and from water to coast)
- Coastal erosion and dynamical processes in the near shore zone
- GIS & marine spatial planning
- Climate change in the changing world. Coastal adaptation to climate change
- Construction and exploitation of hydraulic engineering structures and dredging in the coastal areas
- Study and monitoring of coastal and marine ecosystems
- Approaches to and issues of processes in the coastal areas modeling and monitoring
- Interactions between coastal zone and the open sea: impact on the ecosystems
- Ecological sensitivity of coastal areas: anthropogenic loads and natural disasters
- ICZM – case study and new experience
- Sustainable use and development of coastal resources: effective management and approaches
- Legal and political issues of enclosed coastal seas management
- Human resource and indigenous dimension of enclosed coastal seas management
Deadline for Abstracts submission is February 1, 2016
The official language of the Conference is English.
Conference Organization Committee does not provide reservation for the Conference participants. The information about the hotels in the vicinity of the Conference venue will be available on the Conference web-site starting from January 1, 2016.