XVI Glaciological Symposium
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 24 May 2016 to 29 May 2016
Where: St. Petersburg, Russia
The XVI Glaciological Symposium will be held from 24 to 29 May 2016 in St.Petersburg, Russia. It is organized by the Institute of Geography of the Russian Academy of Sciences, and the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute.
The Symposium will cover a wide range of topics:
- Recent climate and glacier changes
- Polar glaciers and global sea level
- Regime of alpine glaciers in temperate and tropical zones
- Snow cover and ground ice in a warming climate
- Avalanches and river ice as the cryosphere phenomena
- Sea ice changes: causes and consequences
- Proxy paleoclimate reconstructions and history of glacier changes
- Remote sensing and GIS in glaciology
The abstract submission deadline is on 15 February 2016.
Online registration and abstract submission is now open at: http://glac2016.igras.ru/publ/registration/1-1-0-5