AOOS Film Contest: Alaska's Coast and Oceans
Event Type: Funding Deadlines
When: 15 September 2014
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, AOOS is seeking short films highlighting Alaska’s coast or oceans. We welcome films of any genre relating to the ocean (i.e. people using the ocean and coast, marine research, marine wildlife, ocean-related policy issues, etc). You don’t need to be a professional to submit a film!
- Films must be 10 min or less in length
- The film must be your own original creation and must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Submission deadline: Sept 15, 2014
- Complete rules in the submission form above
Award categories include:
- Judges Choice
- Best treatment of a complicated issue
- Best videography
Individuals can submit as many films as they wish.
- Contest winners will be announced by Oct 15th , 2014
- Videos will be shown during events including the AOOS 10th Anniversary celebration, posted on the AOOS website, and shared for other educational purposes.
- A $1,000 cash prize will go to the Judges Choice winner. Additional prizes will be awarded also.
Questions? Please email Darcy at dugan [at] aoos.org