25th Polar Libraries Colloquy
Connecting Communities: Collaborating, Creating and Communicating
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 29 June 2014 to 3 July 2014
Where: Cambridge, United Kingdom
The 25th Polar Libraries Colloquy will be held in Cambridge, UK, co-hosted by the Scott Polar Research Institute (SPRI) and the British Antarctic Survey (BAS). The Colloquy will feature a number of interesting keynote speakers, presentations and panels, and field trips to collections of interest in Cambridge and London.
The conference theme is "Connecting Communities: Collaborating, Creating and Communicating." Questions that will be addressed are:
- How do we connect with our audiences and with each other?
- Do we make the best use of available technologies to promote polar resources?
- How are polar collections put to creative uses, beyond standard research?
- How do we open up our collections to non-polar researchers and other interest groups?
- How can we work with non-polar libraries that have common interests and overlaps with our own collections?
Information on registration can be found at: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/25th-polar-libraries-colloquy-tickets-1053....
Tickets will be £120 for full membership, which includes:
- The four days of the Colloquy in Cambridge
- A day trip to visit institutions in London on 4 July
- Travel within Cambridge
- Membership of the Polar Library Colloquy itself (2014-16)