28th International Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes (FRISP)
When: 22 June 2014 to 25 June 2014
Where: Schloss Wahn, Cologne, Germany
Further details of the meeting, venue and accommodation, including instructions for on-line registration will follow in due course.
As always, we welcome presentations on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
- formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers;
- response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability;
- surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves;
- ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers;
- mass transport across the grounding line;
- ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords;
- impact of ice shelves on the global ocean;
- processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines;
- climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves;
- iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay.
Further information about FRISP, including reports from previous workshops can be found on the conference website.