Abstract Deadline: 15th International Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Ice (PCI-2022)
Event Type: Deadlines
When: 31 March 2023
The 15th International Conference on Physics and Chemistry of Ice (PCI-2022) will take place 4 to 8 September 2023 at Hokkaido University in Sapporo, Japan.
Note: This conference was originally planned for 5-10 September, 2022, but was postponed to September 2023 as a precaution due to COVID-19 uncertainty.
This conference will cover a wide range of topics related to physical, chemical, biological, geological, and environmental aspects of ice. The topics will range from fundamental to applied research, and will include laboratory, field, modeling, and computational work. The organizers expect to have interdisciplinary discussions of ice.
Session topics include:
- Surfaces and interfaces of ice
- Mechanical, dielectric, and optical properties of ice
- Ice phases, amorphous ice, and glass transition
- Ice and life
- Reactions on/in ice
- Ice and snow in the cryosphere
- Ice in space
- Clathrate hydrates
English is the official language of this conference.
- Registration and accommodation are available from 16 January to 10 August 2023.
- Abstract submission is available from 16 January to 31 March 2023.