Application Deadline: Caleb Lumen Pungowiyi Scholars Program
Event Type: Deadlines
When: 31 July 2020
The Caleb Lumen Pungowiyi Scholars Program announces a call for applications for the 2020 Fall semester. The Caleb Scholars Program is available to students from Norton Sound, Northwest Arctic, and Arctic Slope regions and applicants must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in disciplines related to marine conservation.
Scholars are awarded $5,000 per semester and eligible for extracurricular activities like internships and travel opportunities. Scholars are expected to pursue experience above and beyond their degree program, such as internships, research projects, presentations or conferences, and more. Scholars are eligible for additional resources to support these requirements.
Eligibility requirements include:
- Enrolled in a tribe located in Norton Sound, Northwest Arctic Borough, or Arctic Slope Borough;
- Enrolled in a preferred degree program at an accredited university or college;
- Undergraduate applicants must have already completed 36 credit hours and must be registered for at least 12 credit hours for the upcoming semester;
- Graduate applicants must be a full-time student in their registered degree program; and
- Minimum grade point average (GPA): Undergraduate students must have a minimum cumulative and current 2.5 GPA. Graduate students must have a minimum cumulative and current 3.0 GPA.
Applications should include:
- Signed scholarship application,
- Official documentation of applicant’s tribal status,
- Paper or electronic copies of unofficial university transcripts (email to cpp.spec [at] kawerak.org),
- Class registration for the upcoming semester (at least 12 credit hours),
- Two letters of recommendation, and
- Responses to all three essay questions listed in the application packet.
Application deadline: 31 July 2020