Abstract Deadline: Arctic Observing Summit
Observing for Action
When: 15 December 2019
Organizers invite poster abstracts for the Fifth Arctic Observing Summit (AOS 2020) that will convene 31 March- 2 April 2020 in Akureyri, Iceland.
The 5th biennial AOS will be held as part of the Arctic Science Summit Week (ASSW) (27 March – 2 April). The theme of AOS 2020 is "Observing for Action".
The AOS fosters communication and international collaboration and coordination of long-term observations aimed at improving understanding of and response to system-scale Arctic change. The AOS is an international forum for optimizing resource allocation, and minimizing gaps and duplication, through coordination of and exchange among researchers, agencies, Indigenous Peoples, non-governmental organizations, the private sector and others involved or interested in long-term observing activities. The AOS serves as a platform to identify and address societal and scientific needs and priorities, minimize gaps in data and information, reduce duplication, improve coverage and breadth, and contribute to solution-based applications and knowledge sharing.
AOS2020 will be structured along the following sub-themes:
- Sub-Theme 1: Design, Optimization and Implementation of the Observing System
- Sub-Theme 2: Observing in Support of Adaptation and Mitigation
- Sub-Theme 3: Observing in Support of Indigenous Food Security and Related Needs
- Sub-Theme 4: Data Interoperability and Federated Search
- Sub-Theme 5: Arctic Observations in the context of Global Observing initiatives
- Sub-Theme 6: Arctic Observing in Support of Global Actions
Contributions in the form of poster presentations are welcome to highlight important issues and to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and ideas to design, build, implement, expand, and provide long-term support for an international Arctic observing systems network. Ideally, poster presentations should focus on the key themes selected for the upcoming AOS, but other topics that are relevant for AOS are welcome.
Poster abstract deadline: 15 December 2019.