Abstract/registration submission no later than 22 November 2019.
The workshop aims to gather scientists and experts to deliberate on current Arctic issues in a broad context, including climate changes and human security in the Arctic, traditional knowledge and industrial development, collaboration between Arctic and non-Arctic states for pro-active response to rapid Arctic changes.
The questions we aim to address are what Arctic and non-Arctic states could do together for the Arctic sustainable development, and whether we could find effective mechanisms to preserve these sensitive ecosystems.
The participants are invited to discuss the following themes:
- Climate change and human security in the Arctic
- Social, economic, geopolitical transformations, ecosystem changes and sustainable development in the Arctic
- Indigenous and local communities in the Arctic changes
- Industrial development of the Arctic
- Arctic and non-Arctic states: scope and perspectives of the collaboration
- Science diplomacy and Arctic changes
- Korea in the Arctic science and policy
In order to participate in the workshop, please fill in the registration form and send it with your abstract (up to 700 words) to Mr. Jihoon Jeong (jj [at] kopri.re.kr) no later than 22 November, 2019.