Abstract Deadline: UArctic Congress 2018
When: 16 March 2018
The University of Oulu and the University of Helsinki are excited to invite you to the second UArctic Congress, September 3-7, 2018 in Oulu and Helsinki, Finland.
The UArctic Congress 2018 will bring together key UArctic meetings and a science conference into one single gathering, including business meetings of the Council of UArctic, Rectors’ Forum, Student Forum, Thematic Networks, and UArctic Institutes Leadership Team.
The Congress is an integral part of the Finland’s Arctic Council chairmanship program, and open to the public. The event will highlight the themes and priorities of the Finnish chairmanship, including the goals of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, and the Paris Agreement under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change.
With the aim to foster contacts and enhance networking, the biennial UArctic Congress brings together institutional leaders, indigenous representatives, academics, scientists and students from around the circumpolar north and beyond. Together with partners, policy makers, and other actors, the Congress strives to take the Arctic agenda forward by creating and strengthening collaborations that produce new findings and solutions for the future of the Arctic region.
The UArctic Congress 2018 will feature Science and Meeting sections, including:
- Sessions aligned with the four priorities of Finland’s chairmanship; i.e. Environmental protection, Connectivity, Environmental cooperation, and Education.
- Acclaimed keynote speakers and scientific experts presenting their views and latest research.
- Formal meetings for representatives of the Council of UArctic and UArctic Rectors’ Forum.
- Side-meetings and events.
- A UArctic Student Forum with workshops.
- An exciting cultural and social program.
The call for abstracts for the UArctic Congress is now open until March 16, 2018.