This ArcticInfo message is an update of the CAPE 2000 Sea Ice in the Climate
System: The Record of the North Atlantic Arctic and ICAPP: Ice-core
Circum-Arctic Paleoclimate Program.
The original message can be read in the ArcticInfo message archive at:
Sea Ice in the Climate System: The Record of the North Atlantic Arctic and
ICAPP: Ice-core Circum-Arctic Paleoclimate Programme
Joint meeting, Kirkjubaejarklaustur, Iceland, 2-6 June, 2000
The second circular for the joint meeting of CAPE and ICAPP to be held 2-6
June in the small village of Kirkjubaejarklaustur, Iceland is now available.
It can be accessed via the CAPE website at
The meeting is divided into sessions that address:
* Sea ice, climate and civilization: an historical perspective
* The role of sea ice in the Climate System
* Sea Ice Variability in the Late Quaternary - North America, Greenland
* Sea Ice Variability in the Late Quaternary - Nordic Seas, Iceland
* Sea Ice Variability in the Late Quaternary - Arctic Ocean/Barents,
Laptev, Kara Seas
ICAPP: Sea ice records derived from Ice Cores
ICAPP: The future of Arctic Ice Coring
60 rooms have been reserved for the meeting. Although the participant list
is getting close to the maximum capacity, there remain a few vacant slots.
Anyone interested in attending should contact the local organizing committee
(Aslaug Geirsdottir firstname.lastname@example.org) or CAPE Co-Chair Gifford Miller
email@example.com, and complete the on-line registration form at the
CAPE 2000 website.