PROFESSORSHIP IN CLIMATOLOGY
A faculty position in climatology is available at the Department of
Geography at Laval University, Quebec City, Canada.
NECESSARY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Knowledge of atmospheric dynamics and climates, climate modeling,
statistics and cartography.
* Capacity to use this knowledge in research on climate change,
environmental change and the evolution of landscapes.
* Involvement in climate research networks and activities.
* Capacity to collaborate with multidisciplinary research teams.
* Teaching of introductory courses as well as specialized topics in
climatology, perhaps as part of other courses in physical and human
* Responsibility for the physical geography laboratory, for the
organization of excursions and field work.
* Supervision of undergraduate and graduate student research.
* Relevant experience in teaching and research.
* Capacity to teach in French (also willingness to acquire this capacity).
START OF TENURE:
1 September 2000
Please send CV and three letters of recommendation before the 15 June 2000 to:
Michel Allard, Director
Departement de Geographie
Faculte des lettres
Pavillon Charles-De Koninck
Quebec (Quebec), G1K 7P4