The 2016 Sea Ice Outlook (SIO) Action Team was convened in mid-October and will continue through late December 2016. This Action Team is led by SIPN Project Principal Investigator Cecila Bitz. It is convened and supported by ARCUS.
GOALS FOR ACTION TEAM
- Work with the SIPN leadership team to develop a SIO post-season report to assess and summarize the physical processes that factored into the sea ice dynamics during the 2016 melt season, as well as a discussion of the various outlook methods.
- Develop a short summary of recommendations for changes and improvements to future Sea Ice Outlook reports.
- Publish the 2016 Sea Ice Outlook Post-Season Report.
- Assist in outreach and dissemination of the post-season report (e.g., share and discuss with colleagues).
- Contribute to (or lead) other publications or presentations based on the 2016 SIO.
- Cecilia Bitz, University of Washington, Action Team Lead
- Gisele Arruda, Oxford Brookes University
- Ed Blockley, Polar Climate Group, Met Office Hadley Centre
- Frank Kauker, Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Alek Petty, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center and University of Maryland
- François Massonnet, Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Brussels and Catalan Institute of Climate Sciences (IC3, Barcelona, Spain)
- Nico Sun, CryosphereComputing