The 2015 Sea Ice Outlook (SIO) Action Team convened from mid-October to late December 2015. This Action Team was lead by SIPN Project Principal Investigators Julienne Stroeve and Walter Meier. It was convened and supported by ARCUS.
GOALS FOR ACTION TEAM
- Work with the SIPN leadership team to develop a SIO post-season report to assess and summarize the physical processes that factored into the sea ice dynamics during the 2015 melt season, as well as a discussion of the various outlook methods.
- Assist in outreach and dissemination of the post-season report (e.g., share and discuss with colleagues).
- Develop a short summary of recommendations for changes and improvements to the SIO for the 2016 season.
- Contribute to (or lead) other publications or presentations based on the 2015 SIO (e.g., peer reviewed papers, an EOS article, presentations at conferences such as at AGU fall meetings or other organizations.
- Julienne Stroeve, National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC)
- Walter Meier, NOAA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Cecilia Bitz, University of Washington
- Lawrence Hamilton, University of New Hampshire
- Adrienne Tivy, Environment Canada
- Neil Barton, Naval Research Laboratory - Monterey, California
- Matthew Druckenmiller, NSIDC
- Neven Fuckar, Institut Catalá de Ciéncias del Clima (IC3, Barcelona, Spain)
- François Massonnet, Université catholique de Louvain (UCL), Brussels and Catalan Institute of Climate Sciences (IC3, Barcelona, Spain)
- Alek Petty, Earth System Science Interdisciplinary Center, University of Maryland and NOAA
- Andrew Slater, NSIDC