Welcome! The instructions available below will help you successfully join the webinar. Please follow the instructions for steps to take:
- Before the webinar,
- To connect to the visual part of the webinar,
- To connect to the audio portion of the webinar, or
- To participate in the audio portion only.
If you are having problems or need help, please contact Judy Fahnestock at judy [at] arcus.org with a detailed explanation of your problem.
Before the webinar
Note: WebEx sometimes can get grumpy with a specific browser, so if you have problems, the first thing to do is try another browser (switch from Safari to Firefox, etc.)
To prevent delays in joining the meeting, it is highly recommended that you run a 'test webinar' to find out whether your computer is capable of joining the online meeting on WebEx.
At least one hour before the event begins, please test whether your computer is capable of running WebEx software by using the following link: www.webex.com/test-meeting.html.
The test will "fail" for two main reasons:
- Your computer has security software, which may prevent you from joining the webinar. If you are unable to connect due to security software on your computer, WebEx can supply you with a link, which will enable you to join the webinar without downloading software to your computer. Please call WebEx Customer Service at 866-229-3239, Option 1, to request the link. They will need the event number, which is located in the login information below.
- You need to update to a more recent version of Java. If your computer needs updated Java software, please visit Java.com to download the latest Java version.
Connect to the Visual Part of the Webinar
- To join the event online, please copy and paste the following link to a browser:
- Enter your name and email address
- Enter the Event Password: SIPN (All CAPS)
- Click "Join Now"
Connect to the Audio Portion of the Webinar by Voiceover IP or Telephone
To join using your computer (VOIP)
In the Audio Conference dialog box, click Call Using Computer beneath Use Computer for Audio. You will be connected to the audio conference.
Adjust your speaker and microphone settings in the Volume window, and then click the "x" to close the window.
Once you have joined the event, open the Participant and Chat panels to help you communicate during the webinar.
Important: Once you join, please mute your computer by selecting your name from the Participant panel and clicking the "Mute" button.
To join using your phone
In the Audio Conference dialog box, choose Use Phone and dial the number provided by WebEx.
Audio Conference Information
If you are unable to join the webinar through WebEx, you can use the audio component of the webinar to listen and participate. A PDF of the presentation will be posted the morning of the webinar.
Join the webinar by calling
US TOLL FREE: +1-855-282-6330
Global call-in numbers: https://arcus.webex.com/arcus/globalcallin.php?serviceType=EC&ED=3435306...
Toll-free dialing restrictions: http://www.webex.com/pdf/tollfree_restrictions.pdf
Access code: 292 932 782
For assistance before or during the webinar contact Judy Fahnestock judy [at] arcus.org.