Welcome! The instructions available below will help you successfully join the webinar.
For more information about the webinar or SIPN, contact Betsy Turner-Bogren at betsy [at] arcus.org. For trouble-shooting or technical help, contact Brit Myers at brit [at] arcus.org.
Before the Webinar
Before the Webinar, make sure that the computer you will be using is properly configured:
- You will need POP-UPS enabled.
- Your computer will need to accept cookies.
- You may need to ask permissions to access the webinar platform from your system administrator.
You do not need to download anything to use Adobe Connect, but may test your connection here: http://www.adobe.com/go/meeting_test (downloading the add-in is optional).
On the Day of the Webinar
Please sign in a few minutes early to ensure you can connect by the time the webinar starts.
Make sure the "Enter as a Guest" radio button is selected.
Enter your name and click on "Enter Room".
You will then be connected to the ARCUS Webinar event room.
If this is the first time you are using Adobe Connect, a screen with a series of "Tips for Using Adobe Connect" will appear. To exit the tutorial, check the box in the lower left corner that says "Don't show this again" and then click on the X in the upper right hand corner to close the screen.
After you exit the Tips screen, you will be given 3 options for connecting to the webinar audio. The best option is “Using Microphone (Computer/Device)”; select the option you prefer and click “Join” to be connected.
(a) "Using Microphone (Computer/Device)": Allows you to ask questions through your computer microphone. Select and click "Join" to be connected. This is the best option.
(b) "Listen Only Mode". To listen to the webinar using your computer/device speakers but without the ability to ask questions verbally. This option only allows questions via online chat.
(c) To Listen to the webinar via telephone, please "Dial-In" to the audio conference:
- Toll free access number: 1-800-829-7603
- Participant pin code: 7135158
If you are located outside of the United States, please use the appropriate dial-in number found from this list: http://bit.ly/2bgE17f
Important Audio Notes
- When you first enter the Webinar event room, you will be muted until the Host unmutes you.
- If you are joining by phone, your phone line will also be muted on entry to avoid disruptive background noise. If you wish to ask a question verbally, you may press *6 to unmute your line. When you are finished speaking, please press *6 again to quiet your line.
- In addition, if you are using the telephone for audio and also using your computer to view the presentation, you will need to mute the sound/speakers on your computer. Not doing this will result in echoing and/or feedback during the webinar.
Once you join the presentation, you will see welcome slide on the main screen and your name will be listed in the Participants Panel.
During the presentation, an event host will share information about how to navigate the event room.
Please note that the Adobe Connect service allows audio and chat sent during the session to be recorded. By joining a public SIPN webinar, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with us or do not join the session.
Adobe Connect troubleshooting for joining a webinar: https://na1cps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm#...