Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
17 June 2013 to 19 June 2013
Where: Powys, Wales
More information: http://www.antarctica.ac.uk/about_bas/events/frisp2013/index.php
As always, we welcome presentations on all aspects of ice shelf research, including, but not limited to:
- Formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves
- Response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability
- Surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves
- Ice‐ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers
- Mass transport across the grounding line
- Ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro‐glacial fjords
- Impact of ice shelves on the global ocean
- Processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines
- Climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves
The deadline for registration is 20th May 2013. Although we would appreciate an early indication of your intentions to present work, you can submit abstracts up to 10th June 2013.
We look forward to welcoming you to mid-Wales in June. In the meantime, if there are any questions please email me (ajen [at] bas.ac.uk) or Penny Goodearl (peod [at] bas.ac.uk) or (preferably) both of us.