IMBER Open Science Conference "Future Oceans, Research for Marine Sustainability: Multiple Stressors, Drivers, Challenges and Solutions”
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 23 June 2014 to 27 June 2014
Where: Bergen, Norway
The Integrated Biogeochemistry and Ecosystem Research (IMBER) Project will convene an Open Science Conference from 23-27 June 2014 in Bergen, Norway, with the aims:
- to highlight IMBER research results;
- to promote integrated syntheses of IMBER-relevant research;
- to develop a new global research agenda on marine biogeochemistry and ecosystems in the Anthropocene.
Nine workshops and 24 contributed sessions have been accepted (see http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Workshops). Several sessions in the IMBER Open Science Conference 2014 are especially relevant to the Arctic and polar research communities:
- Session A4 - End-to-end modelling for research and management – conveners: Stuart Corney; Jessica Melbourne-Thomas; Andrew Constable, http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Worksho...
- Session B4 - Ocean biogeochemical dynamics under changing climate: feedbacks and impacts – conveners: Christoph Heinze, Are Olsen; Jerry Tjiputra; http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Worksho...
- Session E1 - Changing ecosystems in Subarctic and Arctic regions – conveners: Franz Mueter; Sei-ichi Saitoh; Ken Drinkwater, http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Worksho...
- Session E2 - Detecting, projecting and managing the impacts of change in Southern Ocean ecosystems – conveners: Rachel Cavanagh; Keith Reid; Nadine Johnston; Andrew Constable; Eileen Hofmann; Eugene Murphy, http://www.imber.info/index.php/Meetings/IMBER-OSC-2014/Sessions-Worksho...
Plenary Speakers include:
- Eileen Hofmann (Old Dominican University, USA);
- Nicholas Gruber (ETH Zurich, Switzerland);
- Jean-Pierre Gattuso (Lab. d'Océanographie de Villefranche, France);
- Coleen Moloney (University of Cape Town, South Africa):
- Alistair Hobday (CSIRO Marine & Atmospheric Research, Australia);
- Kon-Kee Liu (National Central University, Taiwan);
- Alida Bundy (Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada);
- Corinne Le Quéré (University of East Anglia, UK);
- Claudio Campagna (Wildlife Conservation Society, Argentina);
- Carol Robinson (University of East Anglia, UK).
The Call for Abstracts is open! Deadline for abstract submission: 31 January 2014. Contributions are welcome from all marine research communities!
We encourage you to submit an abstract, and we look forward to meeting you in Bergen.