The Arctic Research Consortium of the U.S., Inc. (ARCUS) is a nonprofit consortium of organizations dedicated to Arctic research and education. This position, based in Fairbanks, Alaska, reports to the Director of Finance and Human Resources and provides accounting and administrative support to ARCUS. The position is temporary part-time with the possibility of developing into regular part-time.
Specific responsibilities and duties
Accounting – assist in organizing, scanning, filing, and data entry
- Accounts payable
- Cash receipts
- Timesheets and payroll
- Organize and verify travel receipts
- Assist in preparation of vouchers
- Supplies tracking
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Excel spreadsheets
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Familiarity with fund accounting and automated accounting systems
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy
- Preserve confidentiality of financial and personnel records
- Work closely and cooperatively with others
- Be willing to help with other projects, as needed
Education and/or experience should be sufficient to perform the responsibilities of the position and to have acquired the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience, within a range of $17.25 to $20.00.
This is a temporary part-time position, approximately 20 hours/week paid on an hourly basis, and will report to the Director of Finance and HR. Working hours would be Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Alaska time. This position would be usually based in our Fairbanks, Alaska office; however, due to COVID-19, it will be primarily a work-from-home position until December 31. Pending funding, there is a possibility of this position developing into a regular part-time position.
How to Apply
Application materials should include:
- A letter of interest (1-2 pages) that explains how your experiences and qualifications are a fit for this position; specifically addressing your attention to detail. Please address the letter to Brandi Austin.
- A resume.
Please submit application materials and any questions via email to brandi [at] arcus.org, subject line: "Accounting Assistant [Last Name]." No phone calls, please. Final candidates will be asked to provide references.
Application review will begin 22 June 2020, but the position will remain open until filled.
ARCUS is an equal opportunity employer