13th International Circumpolar Remote Sensing Symposium (CRSS)
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 8 September 2014 to 12 September 2014
Where: Reykjavik, Iceland
Welcome to the 13th International Circumpolar Remote Sensing Symposium. This conference deals specifically with remote sensing applications in the polar environments, both Arctic and Antarctic. It will provide an international forum for the discussion of work currently being carried out in the circumpolar regions of the world.
The theme of the 13th CRSS symposium in Reykjavík is Polar regions in transformation; climatic change and anthropogenic pressures.
The conference topics are below, and additional topics and/or other Special Sessions can be considered:
- Environmental monitoring
- Wildlife management and habitat protection
- Arctic vegetation
- Land and water management
- Land cover and land use change
- Snow and ice, glaciers
- Geology, mineral, and oil and gas exploration
- LiDAR/Radar Imaging
- Hyperspectral remote sensing
- Ground, Airborne and Satellite imaging (including Unmanned Aerial Systems)
- Data Integration and Data Modeling
- Geographic Information System and Web based portals
- Boreal processes that have direct influence on Arctic processes
This symposium will be of interest to scientists, scholars, and industry and government professionals involved in renewable and non-renewable resource management in both polar environments. The symposium will provide a forum for the exchange of current applied international research, the presentation of new technology, and the advancement of internal co-operation in the circumpolar regions of the world.
This year's symposium is hosted by the Icelandic Organizing Committe.