2014 Week of the Arctic
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
Where: Nome, Kotzebue and Barrow, Alaska
The Institute of the North will host the 2014 Week of the Arctic. The 2014 Week of the Arctic is a platform for community leaders, subject matter experts and interested stakeholders to learn about the Arctic while contributing to a growing list of priorities and perspectives. Presentations, roundtable discussions and workshops will be held in Nome, Kotzebue and Barrow. Throughout the week, presentations and interviews will be captured on video for distribution through social media and web-based sharing.
- Energy and Mineral Development in Northern Regions
- Collaborative Approaches to Science and Research
- Local Governance and Consultation
- Maritime Response Operations – Communications and Community Engagement
- Food Security and an Ecosystem Approach
- Preparation for the 2015 U.S. Chairmanship of the Arctic Council
- Emerging Arctic Careers and Workforce Development Programs
- Offshore Development – Risk Mitigation and Impact Benefit
- Celebrating Bering Strait Relationships through Storytelling
The Week of the Arctic not only educates Alaskans but delivers key insights and recommendations, providing clear guidelines for state and federal officials while promoting informed local decision-making.