Western Siberian Peatlands and Carbon Cycle: Past and Present
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 4 August 2014 to 17 August 2014
Where: Novosibirsk, Russia
The objectives of the Symposium is to exchange knowledge in the fields of biodiversity, peat accumulation and paludification, protection of the biodiversity and of biospheric functions of mires, ecological monitoring of mire ecosystems, the role of peatlands in the global carbon cycle, and evaluation of the anthropogenic activities on the functioning of mire ecosystems and furthermore on the introduction of the contemporary technologies of the wise use of natural resources, modeling of peat accumulation in the global climate change.
BASIC SCIENTIFIC DIRECTIONS OF THE SYMPOSIUM:
- Paleo-ecology of mires.
- Actual ecology and biodiversity.
- Biogeochemistry of peat and bog water.
- The role of mires in the global carbon cycle. Ecological modeling.
- Remote sensing of mire ecosystems and processes.
- Advanced technology of wetland reclamation.