IceTech14: International Conference and Exhibition on Performance of Ships and Structures in Ice
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 28 July 2014 to 31 July 2014
Where: Banff, Alberta, Canada
ICETECH 2014 is pleased to invite delegates, presenters, panelists, sponsors, and exhibitors to become part of this international conference and exhibition scheduled for July 28 to 31, 2014 at the Banff Conference Centre in the Canadian Rockies. The conference is organized by the Arctic Section of the Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME). All details are available through the conference website www.icetech14.org. The general theme of performance of ships and structures in ice will prevail - but with emphasis and special sessions on looking to the future in a warming world. Coverage will include technical aspects of offshore operations in Arctic and ice populated waters, as well related ice mechanics, icebreaking and ice resistance, global warming and geopolitical effects, safety and EER, subsea facilities and operations, and other relevant subjects in a polar context particularly in view of current global concerns. Both technical papers and selected panel sessions will be included.
Please use the following important dates for planning your involvement in ICETECH:
- Conference Registration: Now Open!
- Abstract Submission (extended): December 1, 2013
- Abstract Acceptance: 17 December 2013
- Early Registration Discount: 17 February 2014
- Technical Paper for Review 17 February 2014
- Notification of Acceptance/Revisions: 17 March 2014
- Publication Copy Deadline: 17 April 2014
- Conference Begins: Monday (evening) 28 July 2014
- Conference Ends: Thursday (afternoon) 31 July 2014
If you would like to receive ICETECH updates by email, please e-mail the ICETECH Secretariat at secretariat [at] icetech14.org.