5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology
Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 8 September 2013 to 12 September 2013
Where: Big Sky, Montana
Organizers of the 5th International Conference on Polar and Alpine Microbiology (PAM) announce a call for registration and abstracts. The conference will be held 8-12 September 2013 in Big Sky, Montana.
The conference will provide a multi-disciplinary forum for scientists, students, and professionals to discuss aspects of cold-adapted microorganisms and the roles they play in polar and alpine environments, exchange ideas and experiences on an international scale, and explore emerging areas of interest.
The following conference sessions will address topics related to prokaryotes, eukaryotes, viruses, technological developments, and process related research:
- Sub-zero microbiology: links to other ecosystems;
- Microbial first responders to a changing world;
- Thresholds and tipping points in the cryosphere;
- Subglacial microbiology;
- Evolution of psychrophilic microorganisms;
- Biodiversity, ecosystem function, and environmental change: past, present, and future; and
- Earth's icy biosphere as a model for life on extraterrestrial subzero worlds.
PAM 2013 will award several competitive grants to early career scientists from the U.S. based on strength and relevance of abstract submitted. Further details on these grants and the application procedure can be found on the conference website.
Registration deadline: Monday, 24 June 2013.
Abstract submission deadline: Monday, 24 June 2013.
For further information, links to online registration and abstract submission forms, and to download the grant application, please visit the website.