Event Type: Conferences and Workshops
When: 16 September 2013 to 17 September 2013
Where: Stockholm, Sweden
The Exchange brings an evolutionary concept in networking and business information delivery. The concept is designed to meet specific business objectives during two days for promoting cooperation, coordination, and interaction among the Arctic communities addressing key issues such as sustainable business development and regional protection. As more and more data has confirmed that the Arctic is extremely rich in oil and gas reserves, locations such as Greenland and the Barents Sea have seen a huge growth in interest from the hydrocarbon industry. Despite the opportunities offered, there are many challenges that may hinder operations. The presence of cold temperatures, ice and a lack of infrastructure pose logistical problems that make exploration expensive and risky.
Key Components include:
- International collaboration in the Arctic;
- Addressing the competitive environment of Arctic oil & gas projects;
- Are we properly prepared for safe and sustainable development of Arctic resources?
- The policy, market drivers and constraints to offshore Arctic oil & gas development activities in Norway, Russia and Greenland and
- The importance of using local expertise in the Arctic advances in iceberg management to reduce risk and uncertainty the operational and transportation challenges and solutions.