White House Roundtable Discussion with Federal Government Officials, National Strategy for the Arctic Region
Event Type: Lectures/Panels/Discussions
When: 14 June 2013
Where: University of Alaska Anchorage, 2:00-5:00 pm
On May 10, 2013, the President signed the National Strategy for the Arctic Region. At that time - recognizing that successful implementation of the National Strategy will depend upon productive collegial engagement with Alaska Natives, the State of Alaska, Members of Alaska's congressional delegation, and other key stakeholders - the White House announced that it would host initial meetings in Alaska in June to discuss how best to move forward. Please join us for a roundtable moderated by Fran Ulmer, Chair of the US Arctic Research Commission.
- Nancy Sutley (Chair of the White House Council on Environmental Quality)
- Kathy Sullivan (Acting Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)
- David Hayes (Deputy Secretary of the Interior)
- Tommy P. Beaudreau (Director, Bureau of Ocean Energy Management)
- Rear Admiral Thomas Ostebo (U.S. Coast Guard)
- Ambassador David Balton (Department of State)
- Tony Ceraolo (Director, Maritime Security & Director, Arctic Region Policy, National Security Staff)
- Brendan P. Kelly (Assist. Director, Polar Science, Office of Science & Technology Policy, EOP)
For further information, please contact: Brendan P. Kelly (bkelly [at] ostp.eop.gov, 202-456-6056) or Fran Ulmer (fran.ulmer [at] arctic.gov).