ARCUS | Arctic Research Support and Logistics Working Group: Mission
The mission of the ARCUS Research, Support and Logistics Working Group is to represent the arctic research community in providing long-term expertise and advice on arctic logistics and science support issues for the National Science Foundation's Office of Polar Programs. Specifically, the group shall:
- Remain current on the long- and short-term
logistics needs and opportunities in the science
- Recommend how science support resources should be
developed to the best advantage of advancing arctic
science. It is envisioned that this will
- Periodically updating the logistics
recommendations first developed in the
Logistics Recommendations for an Improved U.S. Arctic Research Capability.
- Developing, and revising as appropriate, an
implementation plan for improving arctic
logistics, working with the research community,
the USARC, NSF, and other federal agencies.
- Identifying technical experts to review the
development of specific capabilities.
- Periodically updating the logistics recommendations first developed in the report
- Report to the arctic research community about
logistics improvements and their potential impacts on
- Assist in the full development of the ALIAS web site as a research support and logistics information source.