Resources for Teachers
National Science Foundation Office of Polar Programs
Follow OPP on Twitter! @NSF_OPP for the latest news from the Poles.
PolarTREC (www.polartrec.com) sends teachers to the Poles to work with scientists.
Michelle Brown, O. Henry Middle School, Austin, TX Expedition Website
Katey Shirey from Washington-Lee HS in Arlington, VA. Expedition Website
Casey O’Hara, Carlmont High School, Belmont, CA Expedition Website
Elke Bergholz, United Nations International School, New York, NY. Expedition Website
Interested in Antarctica?
IceCube Neutrino Detector Activities
South Pole Telescope
Center for Astrophysical Research in Antarctica (CARA).
100th Anniversary Library of Congress Resources
- Scott Camp http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2009633384/
- Terra Nova Expedition http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2009633365/resource/
- Amundsen Expedition Pictures. http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/2005687382/
Educational Materials for Download
- 10 most common questions posters
- IPY Resources
- http://www.grida.no/polar/ipy.aspx. This website contains posters and educational content related to all polar regions
- Educational Resources by Grade Level. Created by Marti Canipe (2010 JSEP)