33rd EARSeL Symposium
"Towards Horizon 2020: Earth Observation and Social Perspectives"
Contributions to the following topics are invited:
- Scientific applications of remote sensing, emerging methods, and technologies
- Capacity building at organizations and authorities involved in environmental monitoring and protection
- Remote sensing for archaeology
- Land use and land cover, degradation, and desertification
- Urban remote sensing
- Open ocean remote sensing
- Natural and man-made disasters
- Forestry and forest fires
- Remote sensing and its associated support to the understanding of climate change
- Hydrological applications: water management, underground water sources, and land, ice, and snow
- 3D remote sensing, radar, lidar, and thermal remote sensing
- New instruments and methods, including ground truth
Contributions are particularly welcome in the following areas: EO for improving Smart City management; monitoring and protecting biodiversity; support of regenerative energy production and transport; improving climate observations; improving agriculture, water, and fisheries management; and supporting disaster management.