Arctic Business Forum
The 5th Arctic Business Forum in March 2014 introduces the Rising Business Potential in the Arctic Vast natural resources and melting of arctic sea ice have led the arctic regions to become an interesting new destination for investments. Only this decade the European High North region hold ongoing and planned investments worth of over more than 100 billion euro. The 5th Arctic Business Forum conference will be held at Rovaniemi, Finland from March 11th to 13th, 2014. The annual conference introduces the latest business development and future prospects of the rising arctic economy as a vital part of worldwide developments. Two days of world class presentations by invited speakers, a trade show and a high class social program in the very heart of Lapland Finland make the event an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in the arctic business development in terms of business opportunities and networking, exchanging ideas, insight and learning experience.
The following current issues will be featured by the presentations:
- What effects climate change has on arctic business
- Arctic sea routes and the influence on other transport methods
- Shale gas developments and effects on arctic oil & gas industry
- Raw material prices – is mining still profitable and sustainable
- Best practices - how do SME’s get in and part of the large scale projects
Additional information with program and registration details are available on the conference website. The conference is organized by Lapland Chamber of Commerce, Finland.