Workshop on Microstructure in Snow Microwave Radiative Transfer (MICROSNOW workshop)
This is the first announcement for the Workshop on Microstructure in Snow Microwave Radiative Transfer (MICROSNOW workshop), which will take place on 6-8 August 2014 in Reading, UK. This immediately follows the Intercomparison of Snow Grain Size Measurements Results Workshop, with the aim to link new measurements of snow microstructure with microwave scattering theory.
Topics of interest for this workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Discussion of the physics of microwave scattering from snow
- How grain size information should be used (grains vs chains)
- Sensitivity to stratigraphy
- Current state of microwave models
- Future improvements needed in microwave models
- Application of microwave models to data products
- Coupling physical and microwave models
- Optimal calibration / validation of models
We will announce a website for this workshop when it is set up. In the meantime, please contact the organizing committee for more information, and save the date for the MICROSNOW workshop.